Sunday 17 December 2017

New Model Army at The Forum


I was extremely grateful to Justin Sullivan & New Model Army for organising me a photo pass for their gig at The Forum in London this week. It was a brilliant opportunity to photograph the band in action, and I was then able to enjoy what was a fantastic concert. The experience of being in the photo pit to do this was amazing, and one I won't forget, although one of security guards got a bit funny about camera light meters which threatened to ruin things at one point. I got some great photos - this one will not be in the book, and just to mention Justin's first record is a cracker!

I am hoping that The Record will be published towards the end of 2018, although there is no time limit, and I am not going to put myself under any unnecessary pressure. All proceeds from sales of this book will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. My Mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012, and died after fighting with great courage and dignity for over four years in August 2016. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK claiming 16,000 lives each year. However, if detected early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Much more needs to be done in raising awareness about this awful disease, and improving early diagnosis rates. The more we speak about it, and break down the awkwardness surrounding conversations about our bowels, the more chance we have of making people aware of the symptoms and getting themselves checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment