Thursday 12 January 2017

Writer & Broadcaster Andrew White On Board Bowel Cancer Charity Book


Writer and broadcaster Andrew White has come on board the forthcoming charity book I am putting together for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. His interests are the great outdoors, railways and transport, travel, days out, heritage, dogs, film-making, astronomy and technology. I have no idea how we will get to cover this in one chapter. For anyone, like myself, who has Amazon Prime, Andrew's television series Walks Around Britain is available to stream. Andrew wrote, produced and edited the programme himself. I am really looking forward to meeting him and I reckon it's going to make for another fascinating chapter for the book. I might also be able to pick up a few tips in terms of book writing and marketing fingers crossed.

The forthcoming book will be my third fundraising book in support of Beating Bowel Cancer. In 2012 I published Beating Bowel Cancer, which featured a collection of my photos with the stories behind them and has raised over £500. In 2015 I published Lives & Times, which saw me meet and photograph a whole load of famous people. Each chapter has my anecdotal account of the meeting. That book, alongside a wonderful print produced by artist Adam Green, has raised over £3000 so far. The hopes are that the new book will be equally as successful.

My mother passed away last August following a 4 year battle with bowel cancer. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK, but if detected early it is one of the most treatable in over 90% of cases. Much work is still needed to be done in raising awareness to help improve early detection, and hopefully the books can play a small part helping to do this as well as raising much needed funds for the charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment