Wednesday 10 January 2018

Meeting Gold Medal Olympian Christine Ohuruogu For The Bowel Cancer Book


Last weekend I met 400m athlete Christine Ohuruogu, who won Olympic gold at Beijing in 2008, and silver at London in 2012. This meeting was quite a long time in the planning, as when Christine is not training, she is now doing a law degree. 

It was a seriously cold day at The Mile End Stadium in East London, but Christine has to train in all weathers. The degree has put paid to her winter training in the sunshine of The Caribbean this year, where she would spend some of our winter usually.

The chapter in the book will mention how the security guys were not going to allow me into the venue to begin with, and on a lighter side I don't think too many people will have been told off by an Olympic gold medal winner! Christine was brilliant fun, with a great sense of humour, and has a terrific first record! She also was very interested to find out a bit more about bowel cancer, and why I am doing this bought. I am very grateful for her support.


Doing a selfie with Christine also gave me the opportunity to wear  one of the "Stop Bowel Cancer" t-shirts which I have just started to sell for only £8 on my bowelcancerfundraising website. All proceeds raised from sales will be donated to Bowel Cancer UK / Beating Bowel Cancer, who have recently merged to form the UK's leading bowel cancer charity.



No comments:

Post a Comment