Tuesday 2 January 2018

Chief Executive Deborah Alsina MBE On Board The New Book


There is much excitement in the bowel cancer charity world as 2018 begins with Beating Bowel Cancer and Bowel Cancer UK merging to become the UK's leading bowel cancer charity. This became reality on New Year's Day, so never one to miss out on an opportunity I immediately asked the Chief Executive, Deborah Alsina MBE, to be part of the new book, The Record, and the good news is she has  happily agreed. I've known Deborah on social media ever since I started fundraising in 2012. She was always incredibly kind and supportive throughout my mum's illness, and it will lovely to finally meet up. I have always admired her passion and work with Bowel Cancer UK, so I am looking forward to working with her too on my fundraising and raising awareness.

I am hoping the coming together of the two charities might open a few doors for me in terms of getting some more people on board the new book. More importantly the charity's mission is that by 2050 no-one will die from bowel cancer. The statement from charity reads, "As the UK’s leading bowel cancer charity, our purpose is clear: we are determined to save lives, improve the quality of life and support all those affected by bowel cancer in the UK. We are tremendously excited about the future and our pledge is bold, stretching and inspiring. Within ten years we will transform survival rates, from only one in every two people surviving bowel cancer over five years, to three out of four people surviving. There will be better treatment and care including information and support for every patient and screening will be optimal, leading to more cancers being detected early or prevented leading to fewer emergency presentations."

As 2017 drew to a close the fundraising total from my current publication, Lives & Times, has now passed £3450 so it's inching ever closer to the next milestone of £3500. It can be bought from my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website. All proceeds raised from everything I sell are donated to Bowel Cancer UK / Beating Bowel Cancer, whose new name will be unveiled later on this year. The new fundraising book is being written in memory of my mum who passed away in August 2016 after a 4 year battle with bowel cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment