Saturday 25 November 2017

Biff Byford of Saxon On Board Bowel Cancer Charity Book


Saxon frontman Biff Byford is the latest person that I've hopefully got on board the forthcoming bowel cancer fundraising book, The Record. I am not sure where or when the meeting will happen yet, but hopefully sometime during 2018. During the early 1980s I bought quite a few records by Saxon, which I still have in my collection. My brother has always liked his heavy metal, so some of that was always going to rub off on me.

The book is being put together in memory of my Mum who passed away in 2016 from bowel cancer. This awful illness is the second highest cancer killer in the UK claiming 16,000 lives each year, and 41,000 people are diagnosed every year. If diagnosed early it is very treatable in over 90% of cases, but much more needs to be done to improve early detection rates. All proceeds raised from sales of the book will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. The book is the follow up to 2015's Lives & Times, which has so far raised over £3250 for the charity, and alongside other items, is available on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment