Monday 23 October 2017

Meeting James Stevenson From The Alarm in Oxford


Friday night in Oxford was quite amazing. Firstly I met with James Stevenson, the guitarist in The Alarm, at the band's final gig of 2017 in Oxford. I was allowed into the venue to photograph, and chat with James before the soundcheck. I then got a photo pass to photograph James and the band for the three songs of their set. This would have been more than enough in its own right. However it was a pretty special evening. The band was supporting the #wearitpink day for breast cancer awareness, so the venue became a sea of pink. James was very classy with his pink scarf tied to his waist, whereas myself and many others went completely over the top with it 😊 Jules Peters, keyboard player, and wife of Mike Peters, has been undergoing gruelling treatment for this awful disease, after being diagnosed during 2016. The gig was outstanding, and I had the added bonus of getting to chat with Jules and drummer Smiley after my meeting with James - both of whom will also feature in the new book. So plenty to write about for this chapter...

Ready to photograph James and The Alarm

The forthcoming book will raise funds for Beating Bowel Cancer. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK with 16,000 lives lost to it each year. My Mum was diagnosed in 2012, and passed away on August 29th 2016. Another aim of the book will be to raise awareness about bowel cancer. If detected early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. This figure falls dramatically the later it is detected. 

All the items I am selling on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website are raising funds for the charity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment