Tuesday 31 October 2017

Amy Macdonald at GLive Guildford


The latest person I have photographed for the new book is singer Amy Macdonald. She kindly agreed to me being given a photo pass for her concert in Guildford last night. It was an amazing experience, and I got use the new lens I had specifically bought for these concert photos that I am being fortunate enough to do. The concert was terrific with Amy playing a stripped back set of her songs with her three-piece band behind her. I haven't had time yet to go through all my photos last night. I love this one I have edited with using a low-key effect, but it won't appear in the book. I also have Amy's first record to reveal in the book when it comes out.

The Record is about halfway completed now, so hopefully I can crack on with the book into 2018, and hopefully publish it towards the end of next year. The book is the follow up to Lives & Times which has so far raised over £3400. All funds raised will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer in memory of my Mum who passed away last August after being diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012. This awful disease is the second highest cancer killer in the UK, but if detected early it is treatable in over 90% of cases. So apart from raising funds, the book will help to raise awareness about bowel cancer, which is key to improving early detection rates.



No comments:

Post a Comment