Wednesday 14 December 2016

Olympic Dressage Gold Medalist Carl Hester On Board New Book


When I get to meet Carl Hester next summer it will be a chapter in the book that will be tinged with a bit of sadness. This experience will be one of those that I will wish that Mum would have got to seen with her life long love of horses. Carl is someone, from the equestrian world that I have targeted specifically with Mum in mind as I wanted to have some horse representation the book. I am delighted that he has agreed to be in the new book. I already know the first record that he bought and it's a cracker!

They don't come much bigger than Carl. He was a member of the British team that won gold in the Team Dressage event at London 2012, and then followed that up with Silver at Rio 2016. The plan is to meet up next summer once he has finished his competitions.

Bowel cancer remains the second highest cancer killer in the UK with 16,000 people losing their lives each year. If detected early it is one of the most treatable cancers with a survival rate of over 90%. It has been associated with older people, but more and more young people are being diagnosed, which makes raising awareness about this awful disease so very important. All proceeds raised from the forthcoming book will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. Carl has had his own scare, so I will be very interested in finding out more about his experience.

During 2016 my current book, Lives & Times, and all the other items I am selling on my own www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website have raised over £3000. 

No comments:

Post a Comment