Thursday 10 November 2016

The Book Photography Begins With John Coghlan From Status Quo


It's a little over a year since I finished the photography for my previous fundraising book, Lives & Times. I have to admit that over the last 12 months I haven't been very active with the camera. This is partly due to having a break after producing the book and possibly in part to Mum's terminal decline with bowel cancer. I knew before she passed away in August that I would be doing another book. Over the last couple of months I have been busy approaching people to take part in it with great success so far. But of course there actually comes a point where you have to start meeting and photographing them! 

So today the camera was primed and I managed to combine a very busy work day with meeting up with John Coghlan, the original drummer from Status Quo. We met near his home in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, and he was an absolute gent. His first record is fascinating... I am hoping that today was part 1 of two photographs as I am also hoping to photograph when he performs with his band in Reading next year. 

It was a great start to the new book and I think it's going to be an incredible journey. All proceeds raised from the new book will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment