Monday 21 November 2016

Ed Bazalgette Will Be A Chapter Of Two Halves


Ed Bazalgette is going to make another great addition to the new fundraising book. It will certainly make for a chapter of two halves. Ed is a successful television director having directed episodes of Doctor Who, Poldark and Eastenders to name but a few. Until recently he could also have been described as a former musician as part of 1980s band The Vapors. Well we can remove the word "former" now as the band has reformed, and I got to see them play a cracking gig at The Slade Rooms in Wolverhampton on Saturday night. So not only do I got to meet someone involved in some of my favourite TV programmes, but also someone who plays in one of my all time favourite bands. In fact he has directed this year's 2016 Doctor Who Christmas Special! Hopefully I will get the chance to talk to him about both his career in music and behind the camera. I reckon this chapter will be fascinating. 

All proceeds raised form sales of the book will be donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, and the book is being done in memory of my Mum who passed away in August following a 4 year battle with bowel cancer. The book once finished will join other items currently for sale on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website including the last book, Lives & Times, which coincidentally featured a chapter on Dave Fenton from The Vapors.



No comments:

Post a Comment