Sunday 23 October 2016

Frank Turner


This is another great scoop. I am really happy to have had a positive response from Frank Turner to being part of the new book I am doing in support of the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The singer-songwriter born in Hampshire has built up a massive live following over recent years on the back of a highly successful solo career. However the last time I saw him was on stage with Skinny Lister in London last week where he spent as much time crowd surfing as he did on stage. So I am hoping to meet and photograph him before the Reading gig next month on his UK tour. Sadly for me the gig has long since sold out, so I will have to wait for another day to see him perform, but it should be great fun nevertheless.

The new book is the follow up to Lives & Times, which I published in 2015. It is being done in memory of my mum who passed away in August following a four year battle with bowel cancer. More needs to be done about raising awareness about this awful illness, and as well as raising funds for the charity, if the book can play a small part in raising awareness then it will have done its job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment