Saturday 1 October 2016

ESPNcricinfo Chief Cricket Correspondent George Dobell Supports Bowel Cancer Book


I am really happy to have got George Dobell, the chief cricket correspondent at ESPNcricinfo, on board the new bowel cancer fundraising. George is about to head off to warmer climates to cover cricket in the southern hemisphere, so we will arrange a meeting sometime next summer when he is back in the UK. Whilst looking for a photo of George on the internet, I came across this cracking one of him with the legendary Richie Benaud. 

Cricket was a big theme throughout the Lives & Times book, my last fundraising effort, and I am hopeful to get a few more cricket names on board this book. It was frustrating a week or so ago, as I realised a little too late in the day that George was in conversation with Jonathan Trott at the Henley Literary Festival talking about Jonathan's autobiography Unguarded. Very local to me and I would have loved to have gone to it, but this actually gave me the idea to contact George so it worked out well in the end. I have tried contacting Jonathan too, but I have yet to get a response.

It's one month since my Mum lost her 4 year battle with bowel cancer, and all proceeds from sales of the forthcoming book will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment