Thursday 22 September 2016

Smiley Joins The New Bowel Cancer Book


The third person, and the first musical artist, to be revealed for the new book is drummer Steve 'Smiley' Barnard. Among the many artists he has banged the drums for include Robbie Williams, Joe Strummer, The Mock Turtles, and From The Jam. He currently is drumming for Archive and The Alarm, and it is through my love of The Alarm that I have got know more about him.

He is also a record producer and has a recording studio in Fleet, which is where I hope we will meet up. He has released three solo albums, so he really is a busy working musician. Not forgetting he is family man too! It's going to be fascinating to get an insight into his world.

I took the photo of Smiley and bassist Craig Adams at the famous Abbey Road recording studios for The Scriptures project. To find out more about that amazing experience and will need to buy the Lives & Times book published in 2015.

My mother recently passed away after a four year battle with bowel cancer, and all proceeds raised from the new book and everything else I do are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment